Welcome to the 2020 IGB!
Welcome to the 52nd Annual International Grand Ball! The competition will be held at the newly remodeled SFO Airport Marriott Hotel only minutes away from Downtown San Francisco. IGB is the second oldest running competition in the nation and is celebrating its 52nd year anniversary. Your hosts Rita & Maurice Algarra are honored to be the Organizers of this historic competition and promise to offer an elegant, fun and fresh experience while honoring its history. There are many surprises in store this year and we look forward to having you join us in celebrating our second year as competition organizers.
IGB is a proud member of the World ProAm DanceSport Series, the “Best of the Best” Challenge, California Gold Rush Series, DanceVision Circuit, and Fordney Foundation Series.
Some of the IGB 2020 highlights are:
- A whopping $10,000 Top Teacher Award – over $50,000 Total Top Teacher Purse!
- $1,500 prize for Top Mixed Amateur Teacher
- Multi-dance and Scholarship Championships in four age divisions!
- Closed and Open Gents OnlyChampionship events!
- Showcase by Troels Bager and Ina Jelizakova
- and of course our International Team Match
The Marriott SFO Hotel has provided excellent room rates for our event. Choose a variety of IGB Packages to make your visit more comfortable – or even stay longer to enjoy the real San Francisco Experience with fine dining, sightseeing, and first class shopping.
Feel free to contact the IGB office at 408.827.8607 with any questions or concerns and we hope to see you all at the 2020 International Grand Ball DanceSport Championships!